Tuesday, August 22, 2017

One from the Vaults: Uniontown Divorce

Old newspapers can provide some of the greatest gems when it comes to strange, entertaining stories--and sometimes, maybe it's proof that things haven't changed too much after all.

Check out this story from a New York paper regarding an incident here in Republic.


First of all, how much do I love the use of the word "tootsles"?

Now, look, I'm a firm believer in the fact that part of the issue with the divorce rate today is too many people bail for stupid reasons--but cold feet, literally, is anything but trivial. I feel for the guy. Although I am often cold, my fiancé's feet are freezing, year-round. Ordinarily, I might side with the lady trying to warm her toesies, but there's nothing as uncomfortable and jarring as feeling an ice-cold foot brush against you, and frankly, if you're going to exhibit such monstrous behavior, you deserve to be kicked out of bed. Some might say it would be hyperbolic to call this "cruel and barbarous treatment," but I happen to disagree.

On top of that, she put her feet on his back? Really? I mean, feeling a frosty foot is bad enough against your own toasty foot or leg, but your back? Truly horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment