So 2015. As always, things were interesting from the Nam, from some cool stuff to some astoundingly dumb stuff. Honestly, I'd love to do a recap of the year's most popular posts, but unfortunately, Blogger either doesn't have that feature or I haven't figured out how to work it. So instead, I'm picking my personal favorites.
So here it is! The best--and by "best," I do occasionally mean "worst"--of the Nam in 2015, mostly in chronological order.
- Ex-pat Rob Hensley created an organic lip-color line.
- We were on "Finding Bigfoot," and my brother proposed a new theory for who/what Bigfoot actually is. And then later, a local singer announced plans to release a Bigfoot tribute album.
- Fallingwater was nominated to be put on the World Heritage list.
- Seven people were charged in connection with prescription painkiller scheme.
- A man assaulted his brother with a Jesus license plate.
- Local music brought us Violet Rose.
- A historic farmhouse was destroyed by vandals, probably.
- We had some cool graffiti.
- A DUI suspect showed up drunk to the police station.
- I took some cool pictures at Ohiopyle.
- A Geibel graduate plays for the Pittsburgh Passion.
- I liveblogged the fair. Shortly after a fair employee was arrested for running someone over.
- A woman burned her stepson in a "fire challenge" for reasons I still cannot comprehend.
- We all got a chance to own a piece of Hollywood history when Buffalo Bill's house went up for sale. It rubs the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again.
- A man was arrested for masturbating in the chip aisle at Sheetz. A new, hopefully untainted Sheetz has since opened across the street.
- A Connellsville man sang with Idina Menzel at her Pittsburgh show.
- Love of my life and actor Ewan McGregor visited Fallingwater.
- Brownsville looked a lot like a new video game.
- The TV show "Outsiders" filmed in the area.
- Everybody got raided.
- My parents remodeled their bathroom with the local Buckel Remodeling, and it looked amazing.
- I lectured my Facebook fans about referring to women as "whores" who have multiple children to get welfare money.
- I found a really pretty picture from up the mountain.
- A guy trying to rob Pechins got stuck on the roof.
- My brother guest-posted an open letter to man he's fairly certain was impersonating a member of the military.
- Connellsville's Aaron's Building remodeled and reopened, and it's gorgeous!
- Farmington was named one of the most beautiful small towns in the state.
- A Geibel grad joined the Ohio Bobcats swim team.
- A local Marine voluntarily lived homeless for a month to raise money and awareness for homeless veterans, ultimately raising $25,000.
- A man decorated for Christmas with a Santa hanging from a noose.
- The Uniontown Mall Santa adorably communicated via sign language with a little boy.
- Three car loads of food were donated to St. Vincent De Paul.
And if you're interested in my writing away from this blog, 2015 saw a lot more of that--I had my first essay published on The Billfold, followed by two more on Neutrons Protons. I also regularly wrote about "Harry Potter" for Examiner, debuted two articles for CBS (1, 2), and had a photo appear on Pittsburgh blog Ya Jagoff. It's been a good year!
Here's to 2016! Mark smart decisions!
Did you have a favorite moment/post that I missed?