Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Buffalo Bill's house is for sale!

One of my most unrealistic life goals is to own/live in Fallingwater--it's probably more unrealistic than my other goal of being the next J.K. Rowling. But I'm willing to settle for a more attainable dream home, like Buffalo Bill's house from The Silence of the Lambs. I have fond memories of skipping church with my cousins and driving by that house and going to the Perryopolis flea market instead.

It's for sale for $300,000, which sounds a bit much to me, so I'm guessing the price factors in the naked serial killers and human suits.
The home's Hollywood ties could make it more desirable, and realtors said they wouldn't be surprised if a buyer turned it into a horror-themed bed and breakfast.
Wait, what? Sign me up! I mean, sure, it's pretty much a given that my boyfriend would refuse to go with me, but call it Bates Motel and throw a pet cemetery out back and I'm in.

Shockingly, though, the house does not come with a creepy murder pit in the basement. Who would've guessed?

There is some neat insight into the filming of the movie, though:
“They were looking for a home in which you entered the front door and had a straight line through,” Barbara Lloyd told TribLIVE. “They wanted it to look like a spider web, with Buffalo Bill drawing Jodie Foster into the foyer, into the kitchen, then into the basement.”
Goodbye, horses, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment