Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Buy Local: Sheila's Home Decor and Gifts

First, a brief tale.

Around the time of my wedding this summer, my mom heard about LipSense, a new liquid lipstick that doesn't come off--or as I call it, magic. I've tried some pretty impressive lip stains in my day, but LipSense is definitely the most effective and impressive. We got some for the wedding, of course, but I was so impressed with it that I wanted a whole stockpile in every color imaginable. See, I often find myself in situations where I forego lipstick because I know I'll be eating soon, thus wasting the color, but with LipSense, that's not a problem. I was pretty excited, and I got word that new store Sheila's sells LipSense through a consultant, as these things often go.

So that was what took me into Sheila's (and that's how the staff is coming to recognize me). And while LipSense is important to all the makeup-loving ladies out there, that's definitely not all Sheila's has to offer.

Like the name says, the focus is on home decor and gifts--think things similar to what you'd find in, say, a Hallmark or those random stores in the mall, except locally run and a little more unique, frankly. They have things from every occasion, from baby showers to weddings to seasonal decor. You'll find plenty of Christmas stuff now, of course, but as I've been popping in over the last few months, they've covered all major holidays with all the seasonal gifts and decor you would want. I've got my eye on some Christmas mug set as gifts this year, personally, and for my mother-in-law's birthday, we got her a beautiful wooden advent calendar that she was quite excited about.

But don't just take my word for it--when I give my last name for their e-mail system, I have to also tell them which one I am because my aunt and mother are in there, too, and Facebook tells me a number of other ladies in my life are also fans. But don't be shy, you manly men! They do have some Steelers, Pirates, and Pens stuff, too, because this is the Pittsburgh area and it's probably, like, a law.

You'll find Sheila's on West Main Street, down by the Hampton Inn across from Fiesta Azteca, also known as one of the other top reasons I come back into town.

And with Black Friday and Small Business Saturday fast approaching, you might want to stop in.

1 comment:

  1. You have good articles here! If anyone here is looking for a loan @ 2% rate in return to buy a home or other financing needs, I want you to contact Mr Pedro On pedroloanss@gmail.com When I was introduced to Mr. Pedro at the market watch seminar, I was entering the market as a first time buyer. Naturally,my needs were a bit different and I had loads of questions. Before he sent me my pre-approval letter, he called to speak with me about what it meant and what could change. He made himself available to me at pretty much any hour via email and texts. He was very responsive and knowledgeable. He’s also very straightforward. I explained to him what my expectations were in terms of closing time and other particulars. He said he would meet those expectations but he surpassed them. I closed so quickly my realtor and the seller of course were excited about that. But as a buyer I appreciated being walked through the process of Mr Pedro loan offer. From pre-approval to closing- the journey was so seamless and I consider myself lucky because I’ve heard horror stories. I recommend him to anyone looking for a loan. Everything was handled electronically expediently and securely

    ReplyDelete