Thursday, August 8, 2013

Tweets from the Nam: Fair Rides

Anyone going on fair rides is a far braver person than I. I'm pretty sure most of my fear of fair rides comes from my mother and the fact that my brother and I were never allowed to ride them growing up (we also were very rarely allowed to play games, so basically I spent childhood fairs eating and going to demolition derby, until high school and college, when friends won goldfish who were promptly named after Geibel teachers and knives). Then again, I do have a slight fear of roller coasters and rode the Wild Mouse at Idlewild twice and said the second time, "Why did I want to do this again!?"

My mom's paranoia stems from a Uniontown Mall carnival, though--she walked past boxes full of gears and figured they probably belonged on the rides and not in boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment