If you dug out intending to, like, actually leave your house, you probably shouldn't--for one, PennDOT's gonna need some time, but plenty of local events and such have been canceled.
For you Catholic churchgoers, the diocese has relaxed mass attendance for the weekend. If you're able to attend mass, go for it, but please don't risk getting out there--it's fine if you can't make it. Churches are expected to still hold mass as scheduled, but parishioners are encouraged to check first to be sure.
All county transportation has been canceled for today, Jan. 23.
Other cancelations for today are as follows:
- Uniontown Hospital Outpatient Diagnostic Center
- Abundant Life Church of Uniontown canceled their meatloaf dinner
- UMWA Local #1248 canceled their meeting
- Grace Baptist Church of Grindstone canceled Saturday Bible Study and Sunday Services
- The Uniontown YMCA will be closed Saturday, will reopen Sunday
- The dance at the Amvets Post #103 in Hopwood is canceled
- Greene Valley Presbyterian Church of Carmichaels canceled all services Sunday
- South Union Township Youth Indoor Soccer Games are canceled
- The S.A.T. site for Uniontown Area School District scheduled for Saturday will be held February 20
Connellsville mayor Greg Lincoln is asking any Connellsville residents having difficulty shoveling out to let him know and he'll get volunteers to help.
Remember, the state remains in a state of emergency, with similar declarations in Perryopolis, Masontown, and Fairchance.
While we're all snowed in, anyone have some cool pictures of the snow they'd like to share?