Monday, May 23, 2016

My brother is seeking out a kind stranger

I've mentioned before that my brother is in the military.

Widely regarded as the nicest picture of us as adults in existence
He's even done a guest post in the past about encountering a case of stolen valor. Fortunately, though, he now has a positive story, and we all know I like to spread the cheer here when I can.

He went out to Eat N Park last night with is fiancée to have dinner before he ships off soon for his annual two weeks' training, and since he'd just come from drill, he was still in uniform. When they finished their meal, the waitress informed them that someone else paid for their meal for him. Which I think is cool as hell. I always love hearing stories like this, and I love sharing them, too--it's so, so easy to focus on the bad, and it's always great to hear little reminders like this of people doing nice things for other people.

Thing is, my brother doesn't know who he was, and he'd like to thank that person. So if you were at Eat N Park Sunday night and paid for that goofy-looking kid up there's meal, know that he really appreciated it and would like to know who you are.

Thank you, kind stranger, and keep on spreading that kindness through the Nam.

In the meantime, a couple of us have suggested that my brother find a way to pay it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment