Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Keeping it in the family

My cousin Jimmy made it in the paper for being an athletic badass, basically.
"In soccer, I wasn't the best soccer player, but I hadn't played soccer since I was about five years old," Yantko said. "I played football for nine years. But my freshman year, I came out for soccer and I was terrible, but I always worked my hardest, sprinted after every ball. I gave my all and got to play varsity and I was captain my senior year. I was really satisfied. Hard work gets you really far in life."
Now, I was gonna make some joke about hard work and determination obviously running in the family--and it certainly does because me, my brother, and my cousins are all making shit happen, I must say--but then I realized he's played shit tons of sports and has a 4.0 GPA, which I never did.

Good job, Jimmy! Grandma and Pap Pap would be proud.

P.S.: Shoutout to my mom for 1) telling me about this article and 2) giving me her login information so I could read it.

P.P.S.:: For an example of my own brand of hard work and determination, AKA "things I did after work today besides unbutton my pants, blog, and eat pasta," see my new work for AXS and my old/ongoing work for Examiner.

No comments:

Post a Comment