Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Nam Nuptials: The Summit

I'm getting married! Although I'm getting married in the Pittsburgh area and will therefore mostly be using Pittsburgh-area vendors, I have explored my Fayette County options, and as a blogger, I'd love to highlight some of them--especially for couples looking for something a little different than a social hall.

I'll be honest--we never actually toured The Summit, but the only reason for that is timing. Although I didn't want to wait around too long to start planning our wedding, knowing I wanted a date for next summer, planning a wedding in winter has some major disadvantages, and a major one is that some venues are gonna be difficult to tour. The Summit is a perfect example. Although they have someone taking calls and answering e-mails, the resort is closed for the season until April and actually doesn't even have their power turned on, so a tour would have to happen either during a weekday, requiring my fiancĂ© and I to both take a day off from work, or we'd have to wait until they opened at the end of April. While I was willing to take a day off, my fiancĂ© wasn't quite as open to it, plus a busy period at work for me would've made it difficult. And I didn't want to book a place I hadn't seen. I haven't been to The Summit probably since my First Communion. On that note, The Summit was a nice choice for that! And my dad also worked there at the time, so there's that.

The bummer is The Summit had a lot of the qualities I wanted in a wedding venue, like being in the mountains with nature and trees around and overnight accommodations onsite. They also offered packages similar to ones we'd considered at Seven Springs and at a much lower price--we'd been looking at Seven Springs' cheapest package, and the Summit package we liked the most was $30 cheaper per person, with add-on options like the quality of bar liquor or shots after the bridal dance. For comparison purposes, The Summit offered a little less than Seven Springs, but it was significantly cheaper and honestly might've been a winning venue for us if we'd been able to make a tour work with our schedules. 

If you're looking for a nice, rural setting with nearly comprehensive packages, I'd say The Summit is a great choice--especially if you're looking to save some money, as their packages are a good bit cheaper than similar ones at other nearby resorts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment