- A woman has been convicted in a shooting. A jury took a whopping 25 minutes to reach this decision. The woman shot her mother and pistol-whipped the owner of a mobile-home park, who came to ee what the ruckus was when she heard the shot.
- Police are looking for a robbery suspect. What else is new? Based on the description, they very well may be looking for Leatherface. Despite being called The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, I'm pretty sure Fayette County is the real setting.
- A man was acquitted in a theft case after a dude in Vegas was charged with theft by deception. Apparently, a couple sent said dude some money for a car they never got, and Vegas dude said he was getting the money on behalf of some Romanians and gave it to them...wait, what?
- Police have filed charges in two drug fraud cases. Two people apparently altered prescription slips. Shocking. Shouldn't we maybe, I don't know, help these people get off drugs? Easier said than done, I know, but I doubt throwing them in jail is going to help them kick an addiction to pain pills. Just a thought.
- A woman and 10-year-old boy were both charged with assaulting a woman outside of Uniontown Hopsital. First of all, this is why this county sucks--we have adults setting a horrible example for kids, so these cycles of violence and crime just repeat. Second, I hope the assaulted woman didn't need to go to the hospital, and if she did, I hope she trucked it down to Morgantown rather than stick around at the Deathshop. Malpractice Central. How Did These People Get Jobs in a Hospital General.
- A kidnapping trial continued despite the lack of the defendant, who failed to show up for court. The show must go on.
- California University is adding security, thanks to a recent increase in crime. No Cal students were involved, but still--constant vigilance.
- A Colorado man was convicted of stealing from a cheesecake bakery in 2009. Is this bakery still there? Why didn't my boyfriend, a Republic resident, take me there (even though he's made me cheesecake. Twice. Take that, ladies!)? Why didn't this guy just steal the cheesecake? Who cares about stealing electrical wiring!?
- And finally, a teenager was charged with assaulting a child. Again, examples. Teaching. Cycles. And the teen tried to stop an adult from taking the five-year-old to the hospital by hitting her, too, and standing in front of her car when she went to leave.
I will never be able to move out of this place fast enough.