Sunday, January 13, 2013

Random

Apparently accidentally published this when it was meant to be a draft until I could add to it. OOPS.
  • Redstone Candy is selling Valentine's Day chocolates now. Meanwhile, I noticed their coconut clusters seem smaller. This is actually a good thing, as it makes them easier to eat. 
  • Rosa Pizza has good pasta...but my body disagreed.
  • The nice weather over the weekend must've drawn out tons of people. The mall was packed (including some Geibel alumni sightings), everyone was driving like asses, and I had a phone conversation with my brother while stuck in traffic because of an accident where I was warning him to take a different route home. He was like, "Yeah, I know, I can see the lights." Except it turns out we were talking about two different sets of flashing lights on the same tiny stretch of 40 from 119 to Sheetz. Come on, guys. Make smart decisions!
  • Except the mountains weren't quite as nice. They're usually colder, sure, but I wasn't expecting that to mean Ohiopyle still had a significant amount of snow. Enter me and my boyfriend fresh from a wedding dressed pretty and springy. I had flat, canvas shoes on. We even attracted a photographer (Christine Traver, though I haven't been able to find her on Facebook yet) for being so inappropriately dressed for the weather, but she was very nice.
  • O'Gillies has a new burger, the Double Homicide Burger: two patties with fried onions, grilled mushrooms, cheese, bacon, and a fried egg.
  • Pechins Firehouse is great and I need to remember to review it.
  • Enter to win a romantic getaway at Nemacolin!

1 comment:

  1. Some stories on this blog reiterates why 96.1 KissFM has part of a morningshow dedicated to the strange things that happen (and can only happen) in Fayette County.

    ReplyDelete