Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston

I was going to keep the blog quiet tonight out of respect for everyone in Boston--it seemed the only right thing to do. I'm praying for you and sending love your way, and we should all do the same.

However, Fayette County has a connection to Boston I felt worthy of mentioning--HeraldStandard.com reporter Nicole Lemal was running in the marathon in Boston today and finished before the explosions. She's fine, but I'll let the HeraldStandard.com Twitter feed do the rest of the talking.








We would also all do well to remember Mr. Rogers: “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’ To this day, especially in times of ‘disaster,’ I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment