Thursday, June 6, 2013

Fine Dining: Stone House

Where do you go for dinner with your mom's friend visiting from New York? I have no idea, so it's a good thing my mom's other friend suggested The Stone House.

Technically, I was there once when I was little and my brother needed my dad to stop so he could go potty. So I've never actually eaten there, but I hear good things. And I guess their menu has changed somewhat recently, but I wouldn't know.

It's a pretty nice place. They had some kind of cookout going on outside on an unfortunately unusually cold day, but we ate in the restaurant inside. Everyone enjoyed their meals, but I forget what everyone ate because this is old news already. Life interfered with blogging. Sorry, guys. But I do remember I had alfredo! They didn't have any strictly vegetarian options, but as long as you're willing to be that weird kid who orders chicken alfredo without the chicken, it's fine.

The flavor wasn't strong, but that's kind of a good thing. I suspect it might've been homemade, or almost homemade, because it also definitely wasn't, say, your Olive Garden alfredo. We're talking authentic alfredo.

I was also a big fan of their dinner rolls but had the sense to not eat too many before my dinner. Not that it mattered since, as usual, I took a box of leftovers home.

No comments:

Post a Comment