Monday, June 10, 2013

Fine Dining: Sweet Frog

If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you know how I've been spending the past couple weekends, which also means you know how this post is gonna go.

I got hooked on frozen yogurt when I was visiting my boyfriend in State College. Unfortunately, since it was almost the end of his last summer there, I think we only went once, but my love of food makes a self-serve ice-cream like treat with a toppings bar where you pay by weight perfect for me. When they tell you frozen yogurt is good for you, they mean if you get a reasonable serving size with some fruit and maybe a tiny serving of junk, not the behemoth cup I got yesterday with Reese cups, cheesecake bites, some sprinkles, and a little fruit.

Contrary to my pictures and weekly Forusquare check-ins, though, Sweet Frog is not a perfect place. The flavor selection seems small, especially compared to State College's Kiwi, although this could be because we had to first gauge if the Nam was ready for self-serve frozen yogurt--and trust me, it is. It's been packed since opening day. I hear there are few hours where they aren't busy on a weekend, but I've only witnessed this once. Most of the flavors I've tried are actually a little week, except for the mango, which most people find too tangy but I like. I'm not a fan of the red velvet cake, strangely, but that may be because I prefer my cake to be in actual cake form. I also gravitate more towards fruit flavors, which I find most satisfying and refreshing, and I've declared peach to be the winner here, but you can't go wrong with any of them.

Still, though, I do love it. It's the best option for my sweet tooth, though it's only a matter of time before I meander back to Vinny's or Sonic--where they also serve fried food. There's a reason I don't believe in dieting, guys.

Best of all, unless the novelty wears off immensely or lots of people decide they don't like Sweet Frog, it's probably gonna be around for a while. Unless they keep playing Radio Disney in there, no matter how much I like that new Selena Gomez song.

No comments:

Post a Comment