- You know how I can tell a majority of my readers must actually be in the Nam? Because my stats tell me most people visit this blog in Internet Explorer. Turn that into Netscape and my life will be made.
- I wish it wasn't really creepy to post pictures of, say, my cousin's friend because he just posted a picture of himself to Facebook where he's covered in deer skins.
- Fayette Friends of Animals needs food for the little animals, dudes! If you're in the Nam, you can just go buy something and drop it off. They also have great ways online if you're out of town or something to donate items or money. That link also includes a list of things they need. Food just happens to be the priority right now. As some incentive...
The only thing I miss about Fayette County. This picture is highly regarded as possibly the cutest picture of Duke ever taken. Of course, it was on Thanksgiving and he was begging for food, which he probably got, because look at that face! He was adopted from Fayette Friends almost four years ago.
Now, if you don't feel like hearing about the county's debauchery, don't scroll down. Just stare at Duke and buy the shelter some food instead.
- A man will stand trial for raping a mentally challenged woman. We have hit a new low. We thought the last, oh, 30 years were rock bottom. We were wrong.
- Another dude is standing trial for assaulting a seven-year-old boy--by flicking him in the face repeatedly to the point where the kid had welts. Just...why?
- A statue outside of the Nemacolin Wildside arcade was vandalized. First, I'm surprised this hasn't happened before, unless I'm wrong and it has. Also, I think it looks better this way.
- A man was charged in a shooting. The shooting was over a dispute over $15, which could actually go a long way. It also reminds me of a debacle my uncle heard at Sherwood's one night.
- You see, it goes something like this: a man and a woman were arguing over money, which apparently she had stolen from work for him but needed to put it back. He wasn't having it. He may have had a gun. She started screaming, "Just kill me, then!" He threw her purse over the bank, spilling its contents in jagger bushes. My uncle called the cops.
- Representative Bill DeWeese was sent to prison for using taxpayer money for campaigns. Shady, unacceptable business, right? Apparently not if you're one of his colleagues. You can only take sympathy so far, dudes. If someone does something illegal, they have to do with that. There's nothing sad about justice.
- I won't even get into the epic failures we've been having with cars lately, but just one example is the guy who just crashed his car into a dance studio. He was also charged with vehicular homicide in 2009 after a crash that killed a woman. Great driving!
- A guy snuck a cellphone into jail using his prosthetic leg. Points for creativity, dude.
This isn't even counting all the parole violations and escape attempts, guys.