Friday, June 29, 2012

Pechins Perks


  • Whenever I go home, I get groceries and Pechins before I come back to Pittsburgh. So much cheaper, and surprisingly, a lot more variety than Shop N Save.
  • Their cakes have always been praised and I've always thought Pechins cakes were good but not amazing, and then I had the glorious work of art that was my birthday cake. Perfectly soft and moist with amazing icing, and I tend not to be an icing fan.
I did overhear a woman complaining about not knowing where anything is and how none of the employees know, either. Pechins used to be famous for being chaos and never stocking anything in the same place, although this seems to have gotten better, so I don't know what the deal is.

2 comments:

  1. I find Pechin's cakes to be quite gross. The actual cake is okay, mediocre at best, but I've always felt the icing was terrible and just tasted like Cool Whip whipped with grease. There's a certain bland, oily taste I get with it and it leaves a weird after taste. It's the only place's cakes I will not eat. After several parties over the years where people bought Pechin's cakes, I've tried and tried to like it, but I can't see what the big deal is and find it more gross than anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to feel the same way when I was little and certainly heard some horror stories, but that quality has improved in the last few years. All family birthday cakes have been from Pechins in that time, and all have been really good. The icing now is much better, especially.

    ReplyDelete